The United Conveyor Corporation (UCC) 300W Knife Gate Valve is specifically designed for on/off pipeline isolation service in severe duty hydraulic applications such as bottom ash, pyrites, water supply systems and FGD slurry systems. This rugged and easy to maintain valve has hardened wear inserts and a pour-in polyurethane liner providing a bubble tight bi-directional seal. The 300W Knife Gate Valve is a drop-in replacement for non-UCC industry standard valves. This valve is an upgrade to UCC’s 150W Knife Gate Valve and offers a wide selection of configurations, trim packages and accessories to meet service requirements. It is in-stock and available for fast delivery.
Features & Benefits
- Line Size: 8 to 14 inch
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 300 psi
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 200°F
- Flange Connection: Class 150, Class 300 and Competitor Adapters Available
- Body: Single Piece, Ductile Iron
- Sealing: Bi-Directional, Bubble Tight Shut-Off
- Bonnet Option: Factory Installed or Field Fitted
- Superior Sealing Performance
- Spring-loaded, PTFE impregnated, aramid fiber packing provides a pressuretight seal, preventing leakage and extending the wear life of the blade and packing
- Crowned packing gland maintains uniform pressure on the packing
- Durable blade design minimizes deflection improving sealing performance
- Longer Service Life
- Rounded blade edges prevent packing damage and improves service life
- Hardened wear inserts protect valve internals and seat from wear
- Dual sealing pour-in polyurethane liner provides maximum mechanical adhesion and abrasion-resistance
- Versatile Valve Options
- Bonneted option available for new or in-service valves
- Fully lugged body with optional adapters allow easy drop-in replacement for industry standard knife gate widths, including lined-pipe applications
- Blade and trim options are available for abrasive and corrosive applications
A Southeastern power plant had non-UCC slurry valves installed that were leaking excessively in their bottom ash system, causing a significant increase in operating and maintenance expenses. Because the slurry valves were exposed to highly abrasive bottom ash and needed frequent repair and replacement, UCC approached the customer with an option to test UCC 300W Knife Gate Valves.
To prove that the leakage in the valves could be prevented, UCC installed a UCC 300W Knife Gate Valve alongside the failing slurry valves and conducted a side-by-side comparison.
After 12 months in service, the valves were inspected. The UCC 300W Knife Gate Valve proved superior and experienced no leakage. The plant immediately replaced all remaining 26 non-UCC valves with UCC 300W Knife Gate Valves.
Comments are closed.