The United Conveyor Corporation (UCC) 300W Knife Gate Valve is specifically designed for on/off pipeline isolation service in severe-duty hydraulic applications such as bottom ash, pyrites, water supply systems, wastewater, mining, and FGD slurry systems. The pour-in polyurethane liner provides a bubble tight, bi-directional seal and ensures line shut off
- The 300W uses hardened wear inserts to increase valve wear life.
- A spring-loaded packing gland with adjustment bolts keeps positive force on the packing, preventing leaks and minimizing required maintenance.
- The factory or field-installed bonnet provides a smaller sealing area for fewer leak points and less maintenance.
- Valve sizes: 4” – 14”
- Valve connection: ANSI Class 150
- Operating pressure: 300psi
- Operating temperature: 200F
- Air cylinder or bevel gear operator
- Optional bonnet
- Limit switches
- Speed control valve
- Lockout kit
- Lined pipe adapters
- Pre-piped and wired junction box
A Southeastern power plant had non-UCC slurry valves installed that were leaking excessively in their bottom ash system, causing a significant increase in operating and maintenance expenses. Because the slurry valves were exposed to highly abrasive bottom ash and needed frequent repair and replacement, UCC approached the customer with an option to test UCC 300W Knife Gate Valves.
To prove that the leakage in the valves could be prevented, UCC installed a UCC 300W Knife Gate Valve alongside the failing slurry valves and conducted a side-by-side comparison.
After 12 months in service, the valves were inspected. The UCC 300W Knife Gate Valve proved superior and experienced no leakage. The plant immediately replaced all remaining 26 non-UCC valves with UCC 300W Knife Gate Valves.
Comments are closed.