United Conveyor Corporation offers a low leakage sluice gate that has been tested and proved to operate effectively; it significantly reduces door leakage associated with earlier sluice gate designs. This gate differs from the standard model primarily in the method used to wedge the door against the seat. The wedging arrangement distributes the closing force on the door to the points where most leakage occurs. The low-leak door has a measured leakage rate of less than one GPM with material behind the gate and a 30 ft. head of water
Features & Benefits
- Three sets of wedges and rollers to determine the plane of the door to minimize leakage at all points
- Separate rollers for travel and wedging greatly reducing stress on the rollers promoting reliable up and down travel
- Additional guides o the sides of the travel rollers to eliminate the possibility of rollers disengaging during operation
- High Strength Construction on carbon or stainless steel depending on application.
- Improved seat design with ¼” thick elastomer backing sheet between the stainless steel face plate and the gate face to provide a flexible sub-surface
- Gate seat is twice the width of standard gate seats
- Improved ability to control leakage due to metal-to-metal seal between the gate and seat
- Complete gate assemblies on standard sized gates
- Upgrade kits available
Comments are closed.