UCC Environmental designs and supplies pneumatic conveyor systems that reliably transport oil ash from the collection hoppers to the storage silo.
Oil burning boilers produce a light weight, high carbon soot which precipitates to the pneumatic fly ash collection hoppers. This oil ash is free-flowing when hot but sticky when cool.
Heat tracing and insulating the collection hoppers and conveyor piping keeps the ash hot. A continuously operating pneumatic conveyor using heated conveyor air keeps the ash moving and prevents build-up. The storage bin must also be heat traced and insulated.
The crucial element in conveying oil ash is to maintain the ash temperature so it remains free-flowing and to continuously move the ash from the hoppers to the storage bin.
Oil Ash Performance Specs
DEPAC Oil Ash Pressure System:
- The higher material to air ratio helps to maintain temperature and particle flow
- Continuous, automatic operation (fill, pressurize, discharge, convey) to prevent ash buildup
- Low energy consumption
- Proven performance and reliability with over 100 tallations worldwide.
- DEPAC Oil Ash systems are designed to run continuously 24/7
- Small diameter conveying pipe allows easy pipe routing for design flexibility
- Controlled low velocity conveying minimizing abrasion on tanks, valves and piping